We need a cover for "Grandma Rodrigas and the Forty-Minute Fart" which
is a funny, silly, playful, light-hearted story that's more elegant
than it sounds. Ages 7-10. This is a story about Billy's school
counting competition with a slow build-up to Grandma's forty-minute
fart. Billy and his Grandma are the two main characters. This is the
first book in the series.
== Cover ==
We'd like Grandma Rodrigas (and probably Billy) on the cover.
* "Grandma Rodrigas and the Forty-Minute Fart"
- Please make the title font legible as a thumbnail.
* "By Steve Hanson"
* Not fat, but definitely a sturdy woman.
* Bigger butt and bosom
* Caucasian (even though her name sounds Hispanic)
* Always wears colorful make-up.
* The wide, black curls of her hair reach out to her shoulders in a
stocky, hair-sprayed triangle.
* Loves wearing pink dresses
* Very loud, free-spirited, and loving
* She loves adventure and extreme sports. She is NOT frail or weak.
* Talks tough.
* A very strong woman.
* She won a beauty contest when she was younger, so she's not ugly.
(She's probably more average looking than extremely beautiful or
* Silly, playful, light-hearted, funny
* We're looking for a cartoon-y cover that children will love.
* The book is smarter and more elegant than the title implies.
* You can hint at farting, but I do NOT want a
* The book is 75% about Billy's counting championship (with a long,
funny build-up to the last chapter when Grandma Rodrigas blows a
* a quiet, scrawny boy who is raised by Grandma Rodrigas
* thick, brown hair in a bad bowl cut
* smart, good kid
* a bit shy and easily embarrassed
* Is excellent at math and counting
* He loves counting things in jars.
* I don't have a strong preference for the background. Most of our
customers buy our books electronically, so simple, straight-forward
backgrounds work the best. If the background is too complicated, it's
hard to see it as a small thumbnail.
* The book is set in a small, hilly, seaside town near a school.
There are no tall skyscrapers in the town.
* If you have Grandma eating, she loves cocktail umbrellas in her
food to "decorate it."
* Her house is: pink, small, but tall (four stories tall). She has a
small driveway and her yard is gravel with pink flamingos.
* She can be near her old, pink, convertible with steer horns on the
front (but not driving in the car since the next book in the series
all about driving)
== Back Cover: Reviews ==
"I really hope he doesn't dedicate this book to me." – Steve's
"At last! A book character my wife can relate to!" – Steve's
"I'm sorry, but I tried my best. I swear we never talked about farts
at home." – Steve's Mom
"I wish my Grandma could fart like that." – Kelly, age 7
== Spine ==
No text along the spine