This is a book of guiding information on college majors, but also a book of WARNINGS! Clear warnings are given for those majors with poor Return on Investment (ROI). In the text, the RED FLAG is used as the symbol of warning. So you might want to design a cover around a RED FLAG of warning.
Some ideas and symbols you might want to use:
• Trying to stop a speeding train, by waving a red flag?
• College is a train, speeding toward a cliff?
• College is a train, on train tracks that go nowhere, into the weeds.
• College is a train, headed for a train wreck.
• Huge mob of students, all in caps and gowns, rushing over a cliff, like lemmings
• Simple Cap on white background, like cover of William Bennet book, “Is College Worth It?”
• Close-up photo of young graduate face, under the square cap, looking dead-serious
• Graduates in cap and gown, in unemployment line
• Graduate in cap and gown, working at coffee shop
• Graduate in cap and gown, driving taxi
• City scene, with dozens of manual laborers, taxi drivers, etc, all wearing caps and gowns