Decades of scientific studies on expertise have been revealing the secrets that separate world class performers from mediocre achievers. The good news from all this research is that master achievers and experts are made, not born.
Every discipline has a scientifically demonstrable blueprint, or set of blueprints, that you can use to surpass the competition, earn more money, and accelerate your skill development exponentially. In this book, you’re going to learn dozens of blueprints from a lot of different fields plus how to design your very own.
You don’t have to be a “born natural” to master fields and disciplines like physics, endurance running, sales, singing, juggling, basketball, performing arts, music, animal whispering, mathematics, meeting facilitation, navigation, memorizing hundreds of digits, public speaking, magic, novel writing, marketing, yodeling, or cartoon animation.
These are just a few of the things you will learn in this book:
• The real secret to Mozart’s genius
• How belief in natural talent can destroy your children’s success
• Proof that high IQ can stifle the mastery of chess & other disciplines
• Why most people give up early while developing a skill & how to prevent this
• The Harvard Business School technique that can save you years of trial & error, and it works in a high percentage of fields
• How to “Compress” your practice environment to accelerate mastery
• How to use slow motion to speed up your learning
• What to do when you hit a “plateau” in your practice to continue advancing
• How “human calculators” perform amazing mathematical feats in their heads
• Why high school students can break Olympic world records from a few decades ago
• Dozens of examples of winning skill development strategies from a variety of fields