I need a book cover for a Kindle ebook
Anyone But U
Joel Michael Dorr
The novel is a dramedy (comedy and drama) with an unlikely romance. The story is filled with fast paced dialogue revolving around a local celebrity who is the star of a morning radio show in San Diego, CA. The drama is heartfelt with story lines highlighting the abuse of women, the pain of losing a family member and the joy of finding out who you really are and whom you should spend your life with.
The main story line revolves around Percy Powers a handsome celebrity (with possible sexaholic and alcoholic issues) who is willing to help an 11 year-old boy, with Elective Mutism, in a ploy to have sex with the child’s beautiful mother.
The mother, Ilena, a sophisticated widower from Mexico City, knows his true intentions, but tolerates him because his interactions with her son is helping the boy get healthy. But to further complicate her situation, she has always been attracted to bad boys, and even married one, before he was murdered in front of their 11 year-old son, the event which traumatized him.
The canvas of this book cover is blank and it is yours to create. Here is a list of things from my story for you to draw inspiration and incorporate if you would like.
• Beaches and Palm trees of San Diego
• Coronado Bridge
• Gaslamp District of San Diego
• Contrast of a radio celebrity who uses words for a living and an 11 year-old boy, without words (note: the boy has blond hair)
• Contrast of a woman keeping her distance from a man (who she is attracted too) who is spending time with her 11 year-old son to help him with his condition
• A beautiful, exotic, long dark haired Hispanic woman (her ethnic heritage should not be obvious (Think Penelope Cruz or Roselyn Sanchez)
• Tall, California handsome man sandy or light brow colored hair.
• A helicopter falling from the sky
• The man has a reoccurring dream of falling
• The cover should not be cluttered or overly complicated
• One theme expressed within the design
• I want the feel of the cover to be alive and vibrant with a the theme intermingled into design
• Author’s name must be prominent as well as the title
• Fonts creative and appropriate to the feel of the story
• The book title and author name must be easy to read when in a thumbnail format on a Kindle or on Amazon
• ebook design, which can easily be adapted to a paperback book
• 1563 Pixels (wide) X 2500 Pixels (tall)
• Winner must hold right to use any stock images when submitting their design
• Final design must be available in jpeg and Tiff