(Update: Please see end of this post for summary of additional feedback to designers)
I've attached a detailed design brief, but here's the gist of it:
I'm looking for a paperback and eBook book cover (with 3D rendered version) for a non-fiction self-help book on success.
The front cover will have a blurb by bestselling author Jay Samit. The winning designer will be acknowledged in the copyright page.
Title: The Art of Success
Subtitle: What No One Ever Taught You (But You Still Need to Know)
Genre: Non Fiction // Self-help // Motivational or Personal Transformation
The paperback will be distributed through CreateSpace and IngramSpark (that means two versions are needed, as the spine width varies between CreateSpace and IngramSpark; details in the brief).
The eBook will be distributed through the major eBook platforms (Amazon, Nook, Kobo, Apple).
The paperback and eBook front cover might or might not be identical—I'll leave that to your discretion. The important thing is, the eBook cover should look good in thumbnail size (and ideally in black and white).
I encourage you to be creative—this needs to look unique and cannot look like all other self-help books.
Please see the attached design brief if you're interested.
Looking forward to seeing your design(s)!
- Great typography
- Great colour scheme
- Great background pattern (that makes it unique)
- Potential symbol (conceptual, not life-like)
- Large font sizes
- Cover blurb from Jay Samit
What I don't want:
- No life-like humans or human parts (i.e. "man in a suit", or "human
hand with a pen" (unless you think it's phenomenal))
- No "person climbing a ladder", "person climbing a cliff", "person jumping over a cliff", "person with arms stretched open looking at the horizon" (these are all too standard, in my opinion)
- No generic success symbols (flag, stairs, ladder, etc) unless used very creatively