An ebook cover design, for a novel which is commercial suspense fiction / upmarket women's fiction. My idea for a cover is this: a girl wearing a skirt/blouse (business/sexy, but not overtly sexy) in the shadow of Big Ben, which can look menacing, and she's surrounded by faceless shadows of figures of men looking fearful and confused. I love art deco and I wouldn't complain if it looked cartoonish, almost Katz- or Lichtentstein-esque.
A few pointers:
1. It's imperative that you read the description of the book on my website so you know what the book is about. But the caveat is, the website has a photo which is not ideal because it looks too "old" - and this book is very contemporary, set in 2008 and about modern web technology. I'd hope that the winning designer would also give me color codes so I could match colors on my website to the colors in the book design. The book cover will replace the 'too old' picture on the website.
2. In terms of fonts, one that I really like is Franchise but it doesn't have to be used.
3. Please feel free to play with color
4. Big Ben does not have to the London icon, it could be a Tube sign or some other typically London image.
5. Finally, I want to point out that probably 95% of my sales will be through Amazon Kindle so I really want this cover to POP on Amazon. Here's my website with the book descrip: http://www.emilymcdaid.com/.
I am uploading an example of a book cover that I love.