For the name under the logo, there should be a vertical bar (ASCII character 124) between “Markus Gulden ” and “ Freelancer”. For some reason, the forms here always loose that character.
As soon as the logo and the CI is completed, I will also need a website at Jimdo or a similar hosting provider. So, if you have experience with that, you are extra welcome.
I also need a styleguide.
I went through this ebook provided by 99desgins: https://99designs.de/attachment/225…_99designs
Following the structure there, I would like to provide you with some more ideas from my side, how I would like to have my logo and CI.
1) Core principles:
* Balance and alignment: Maybe asymmetric: Logo left, name right, maybe with a separating vertical line (https://99designs.de/logo-design/co…ntries/159)
* High contrast: dark logo, light background: Would be nice, if the colors of logo and background could be inverted (like https://99designs.de/logo-design/co…tries/159), but not a must
2) Logo style
* Material, if that works with the rest of my requirements
3) Logo type
* Lettermark (with the initials MG) (full name next to the logo, see variations below)
* Abstract logo, if you have a really good idea, but I think lettermark is the best choice in my case
* After reading the 99designes ebook “how to get the perfect logo for your brand”, I would choose the following colors. However, please feel free to suggest different ones if you feel that it fits better
* Dark blue: stands for professionalism and trust
* Second color: white, grey or black?
* 2 variations would also be nice, e. g. like https://99designs.de/brand-identity…ntries/199
* Rectangular: efficient and trustworthy
* Sans serif
* Different variations with text
a) Just logo
b) Logo and name ("Markus Gulden 'vertical bar' Freelancer"), eventually on the left and name on the right, maybe separated by a vertical line
c) Logo and the following, maybe separated by a vertical line (usage would be for example the business cards):
Markus Gulden 'vertical bar' Freelancer
Software Engineer & Cloud Specialist
7) Mediums, I want to use the logo with:
* Business cards
* Letters and header of word documents
* Email signature as HTML
* Website (for style and layout, compare to http://www.paulmiedl.de, but please don’t take note of the logo there), if you are experienced in creating websites with Jimdo or similar providers, your proposal is extra welcome
* I also need a style guide
8) Attributes which describe logo and CI
* Simple/plain design
* Engaged, loyal
* High-quality (maybe more like a lawyer or investment firm)
* Trustworthy, advisor
* Modern, innovative
* A shot of “nerdiness”, if possible
9) Additional requirements:
* Depending on the design of the business card, it would be nice – but not required – to have a QR code on the backside
I also went through the 99designs database with completed logos, and I want to provide some examples, and what I like on them:
Please note: On most of the examples, I like just ONE aspect (like the shape of the logo, how logo and name are arranged, etc.), but not the overall work. It doesn’t make sense to copy one of the examples). As a layman, I’m just trying to make specific aspects of my ideas from above more “tangible”.
I like the logo here: it is simple, but the initials are very clear
I don’t like the logo here. However, the overall design is simple and minimalistic, but looks high-value for me
I like the concept of the business card: a light front with logo and contact details, and a dark back, with logo and a QR code
I like it, how logo and name are arranged. The different color variations of colors are great
Please also note: Please see all the points above more as “shoulds”, “would be good to”, “soft requirements”, or whatever, not as “absolute musts”.
As a layman, I’m trying to express my ideas. However, if you as an expert feel that something should be done differently, please tell me, and I’m happy to discuss that.
And if something is unclear, just let me know, I’m happy to provide any information you need to do your work!
Ok, so now I’m looking forward to your proposal,