I need 5 simple icons designed initially, but this will lead to more, and other varied design work.
Users of the app will be able to leave "tracks" for other users. They will view the other persons profile and if they like what they see, hit the "tracks" button then choose from the icons that describe the track. To start with I need:
1. Hot - flame, shows that this person thinks the other user is "hot"
2. Let's meet for a drink - a glass with alcohol or something
3. Wink - a winking face to indicate "I fancy you", doesn't have to be a wink but something that shows this user is interested!
4. Meet later? - (as in, "would you like to meet up later for some fun?) a little man with stopwatch overlaid perhaps ... or tapping his watch? if you have any good ideas for this I'd be very interested
5. Remove track - to delete a previous track you may have left, could also be "clear". I would be happy with any standard "remove", "delete", "clear" symbol for this such as a bin or eraser.
The icons will be 57 x 57px but also need to identifiable when they are very small, 15px x 15px. Anyone who sees them this small will have already seen them large, so the main thing is that they are distinguishable from each other at that size.
The app is designed to be fun and very tongue-in-cheek, hence the name "Bender".
These icons are for the iPhone version, so the look and feel of them should look at home on iPhone. Soon I'll be getting Android versions made which will look different, more flat and matt with no gradients or gloss. I would prefer them to be simple than overly detailed but they must look slick, like the iPhone in general.
Image2 shows where the icons will sit, the one with the white screen and the blue top bar. The white background could be black if that looked better.
I'm not a designer so I can't really describe it better than that!
I've attached three images as a rough guide but these are not the style I'm looking for, just to give you an idea of the concept!! I don't like the "wink" face I've attached, too cartoon like, like a 1990s yahoo messenger emoticon! Yuk!