The mascot/logo should be vintage-inspired, but doesn't need to be "authentically" vintage (examples attached for both mascots and vintage bar/store signs) - The words 'The Rumpus Room' should be prominent in the design, with the word 'dirty' smaller to read 'The Dirty Rumpus Room', with a 30's-inspired mascot who is consuming alcohol, or IS themselves a cocktail or beer can/bottle.
I keep saying "30's-inspired cartoons", but I've now expanded this to include more "rockabilly" and "Rat Fink/ Funnycar" type designs as well, see the most recent uploads to the Brief for examples! Really any cartoon-inspired designs will be highly considered - drunk cartoons are hilarious! :)
NOTE: If you have a distinctive artistic style that would better express a bar mascot, then feel free to disregard the "30's cartoon theme" for the mascot, and just blow me away with your design! More and more I've seen artists portfolios that contained their "signature style" and I was blown away - if you think you can knock this out of the park with your own style, go for it!
Examples for characters:
- HOT ROD ART (see uploads in Brief) - a hot rod character in a funnycar holding a beer would be amazing... EXTRA POINTS if you could pull it off with some 30's cartoon style!
- Skeletons! Always funny to see expressive skeletons drinking!
- A happy beer bottle drinking a beer and smoking a cigar/cigarette
- A wolf! 30's cartoons were full of leering wolf characters! Would love to see a whiskey-drinking wolf!
- Crows - also a standby of 30's cartoon!
- Please, no more bearded characters - we have enough of those already, thanks!
The design can be as depraved and boundary-pushing as inspires you, with extra points for designs that really stand out in some way - we're not looking for subtlety! Would love to work with the right designer and pay them for multiple designs down the road.
I WILL DEFINITELY BE PURCHASING MULTIPLE DESIGNS FROM AROUND 12 NON-WINNING ARTISTS - I need many, many designs, so even if you don't win the competition, your work is unlikely to go to waste! :)