The winner of this competition will work 1 on 1 with us, creating a set of illustrated characters ready for us to rig to animate, with specific design style.
This competition is for TWO CHARACTERS (Boy and Girl) so we can then start a project with the winner to create a family set based on the TWO CHARACTERS that wins this competition.
You are just creating the characters, not rigging them.
After we like your concept, we'll ask you to position them:
TRUST YOUR CREATIVITY, our suggestion for art and animation style are guides. We want your creativity.
This contest is to find our designer / illustrator - and then work 1 on 1. Please design one character. The rest we can work with one on one.
We need you to create at least TWO of the following (we would prefer the daughter and Son ):
- Daughter (10 to 12 yrs)
- Son (10 to 12 yrs)
- Baby (12 months, crawling and walking)
- Daughter (4 to 5 yrs)
- Son (4 to 5 yrs)
You will need to make sure they are created as vectors in Illustrator or if you must, photoshop at a high resolution.
Please separate layers as we will be rigging and animating these characters:
- front and back hair
- left eye (pupil, white, mask)
- right eye (pupil, white, mask)
- nose (not required, but if in art)
- mouth (normal, smile, pucker, etc. not all required, just a few)
- Arm Left (hand, forearm upper arm/shoulder)
- Arm Right(hand, forearm upper arm/shoulder)
- Torso (hip, chest, neck)
- Leg Left (thigh, lower leg)
- Leg Right (thigh, lower leg)
- Foot Right
- Foot Left
Each BODY (not the head, we take care of head rotation, just body) will need to be positioned for animation, ready to rig.
1. Straight On
2. 45 degree
3. 90 degree (not required but a plus)
We may award multiple designers, if we like your styles as we have many projects we need sets for.