We'd like to create our own characters for a children's coloring book.
The task is to create 5 different animal characters. Two of the character types are fixed (a sheep and a husky dog). It's up to you to create 3 extra animals.
Here are the concepts:
1. All the animals are humanised characters (we don't want four legged type of style).
2. The target age is group is around 5-10 years old.
3. We want cute and likeable characters. Think of the characters as being about 8-10 year old kids themselves (i.e. not an adult sheep, but more of a young-ish - but not baby - lamb).
4. The characters can be designed to be with out without clothes.
5. All of the characters should have a coherent style. The can all have different looks/personality etc but should be roughly the same body shape/style.
6. We would like the characters to be of a relatively simplistic style - they are for kids to color, so we don't want too much complex detail.
7. 2D line art (either black/white or color is fine); they don't have to be a final vector design.
8. We have put some reference art materials below of a few things that we like, but we would like you to be creative.
We know this isn't a massive amount of information/is a bit vague, but we want you to be creative.