We would like a fun illustration characterising two of the cats in our street who are the most well-known by residents.
The illustration will be used on our instagram page and we will also digital print it onto some white tea-towels to gift to our neighbours.
We would like the illustration to be playful and really showcase the two cats that are our favourites. The cats have certain persona's that they have established which we would like to capture in the illustration. We're looking for fun illustrations that capture their character in a playful way.
The first cat (Stanley) is a huge white male tabby with brown splotches who is very friendly and knows he's the boss of the street. The other cat (Smee) is a dark brown, smaller but muscular male cat with a mischievous personality and although friendly sometimes likes to bite you and can't be trusted.
The two cats have different names depending on who you ask, and residents often make up their own names for cats that they meet. For this reason we won't use their names on the illustration (ie name tag on their collar).
To assist with imagining their characters, here's a bit more info on their personalities:
- The good guy! He's the hero!
- Usually not wearing a collar
- Likes to roll in the dust
- Big and heavy (slightly overweight belly)
- Very friendly and approachable
- Getting older and needs to defend his territory
- The boss of the street
- if in a jazz band would be lead singer in a tuxedo
- Outwits his opponents
- An action hero late in his career like Bruce Willis.
- The bad guy! Can't be trusted.
- Lurks in the shadows and somewhat an evil cat
- Is scared of Stanley
- Fast and agile
- His body is short and stocky and he looks like a bodybuilder
- Easily frustrated and bites people
- If in a jazz band would play drums or be backing deep voice vocals :)
- The goon for hire / not too smart.
- All brawn no brain
- He would be Snape in Harry Potter
We imagine the illustration could be the two cats hanging out together with one of them looking friendly (Stanley) and the other a bit more shifty looking (Smee). The general vibe is a sort of hero vs villain, dark vs light kind of thing but we're happy to let you be creative about this. They could be playing instruments, on an adventure together, sizing each other up for a fight, having dinner together, doing a science experiment together, cooking together or doing any kind of fun activity.
We're thinking the illustration should include the full body of both cats so that its possible to tell which cat they are representing (by colouring, size, shape, patches, stripes on fur etc).
We're open to different styles of illustration, and imagine something thats more of a caricature or cartoon, rather than seeking realism. See attached references on some possible styles.
See reference photos of both cats for more details on their appearance.
Really looking for fun, creative ideas!