We are Auternative, a cutting-edge, applied NLP and positive psychology consultancy and training start-up. We’re breaking the prevailing medical paradigm around what it means to be autistic and one’s potential to be a full and active member of society and all that entails. Our aim is to help empower parents and families, carers, friends, and professionals to support and coach those on the autistic spectrum to be the best they can be and to achieve all they can and want in this life - despite what they’ve been told is possible for them up till now.
We do this through offering applied training courses in applied NLP and social psychology, providing delegates with a coaching qualification, hands-on coaching practice and professional supervision. We also offer bespoke workshops, events, coaching and professional coaching supervision.
• Challenging – we challenge the status quo
• Back to 60s, back to roots, looking after family
• Honesty; truthfulness, cutting through the crap, saying it like it is
• Re-empowering the parents and young people
• Autism: it's not a disorder
• Debridement difference; just need to adapt parenting approach to allow them to be people they're on trajectory to be
• A "different" "normal"
• Extraordinary ordinary
• Not buying into the hype, myths, and medical 'truisms'
• Coaching principles
• Stripping back, unlearning all the medical interventions and indoctrination to date and re-chipping/learning
• Simplicity, doesn't need to be hard - like cooking, 3 key ingredients, quality, not quantity.