Free advertising bonus on high traffic site being offered to encourage more quality candidates to participate. Details inside. Looking for a vibrant, alive, and distinct logo for a unique broadcast mentoring program. Artistic and creative freedom encouraged to compliment/change my ideas.
Broadcasters Mentoring Group
My company uses working broadcasters to train our student apprentices inside their radio stations nationwide. A unique alternative to the traditional broadcasting school classroom setting, thus the need for a unique and distinct logo.
Mentoring is the primary emphasis of how we get such great results, and represents who we are. How you may want to incorporate that into a logo is what makes you the artist, and me the clueless one. Understand, that may not even translate, but it's a thought.
Since broadcasting is an alive and active profession, the logo must reflect that somehow. Movement comes to mind(not animation, however).
We're undergoing further expansion from our current offerings, so we have some flexibility in terms of color schemes and branding. Matter of fact, your work may provide the rebranding we're undergoing.
I will pay special attention to the designs that can come up with a company identifying 'icon' from the logo. Not sure if 'icon' is the correct term, but think of Microsoft, Mozilla firefox, and Quick time player, to name a few. Those little doodads, when you look at 'em, you know who they are....or are at least encouraged to find out.
Now, to the good stuff - the bonus. I have a LOT of projects coming up or ongoing, one of which is a complete site redesign and programming to my http://www.TVandRadioJobs.com site.
Sure, it's ugly, but it's a traffic magnet. Google 'radio jobs' and anything associated with those terms, and we're likely #1.
In an effort to encourage as many talented designers to toss their hat into the ring for this, and possibly future work I'll need ASAP, I'll allow the winner to put a free banner advertising your services on that homepage for 3 months.
You'll get paid from this job, and will likely pick up other work you wont have to compete for from your efforts.
Although I can't promise any results from that, I can say the site averages over 1000 unique visitors daily, and many of them are broadcasters with websites and MySpace pages. I've done quite well with things I've put on there since I bought the site, so who knows?
- Item 1...name of the company; Broadcasters Mentoring Group
- Tagline: "Your fast-track to broadcasting success". Include quote marks.
- Color scheme I kinda like. Look at the Mozilla firefox logo, as well as the Hostgator banner at the bottom of my http://www.TVandRadioJobs.com site. It's preferable that the blue be more of the dominant color, with the reddish/orange and yellow complimentary. I'm not married to this scheme, and openly admit to being genetically deficient when it comes to color and anything artistic. All color scheme ideas welcomed at this point.
- Again, something that's vibrant, alive and shows movement.
- Has to be uber-professional, but I'm not opposed to irreverance, either.
- Since the name of the company is long, I'd be open to seeing how you may combine it with the acronym BMG. Not a must, however.
- I'd like to see this long name contained in a more limited space, if possible. Doesn't mean it can't be just spelled out horizontally, but the lettering will then need to be smaller.
- Item 1...Would prefer avoiding large letters just splashed across the page. Must be something artistic and snappy.