Pioneer.Education (Pioneer Education Africa Inc) is a US non-profit that works to transform education in developing countries. Our initial focus is Rwanda.
We are looking for a logo that will communicate to our students, staff and contributors/supporters:
• New beginning for the boys and girls in this school
• New kind of school and curriculum that will prepare the students for the future (learning to be creative, innovative, entrepreneurs)
• Hope and possibility
• Fun and excitement
The logo will be used on the website, brochures, etc. – along with creating clothing (t-shirts, hats, etc) that will be used as a fund raiser for the school.
Why a school?
In the rural villages, students are crowded in to schools with no electricity, no running water, no internet access and limited sanitation. Will these kids be ready to continue the rebuilding of Rwanda or will they be dependent on others?
• 76% of of Rwanda's youth are dependent on outside resources for day-to-day support.
• 42% of Rwanda's population is UNDER the age of 15.
• 73% of Rwanda's population live in rural villages.
Through education and employment such as Lakeside Fish Farm, boys and girls have an equally promising future that can transform their struggling communities.
What is different about this school?
We will be working with the Rwanda government to transform (pioneer) the education curriculum including:
• Teaching critical thinking skills
• Allow the kids to explore their own creativity
• Teach how to develop their own ideas and create inventions/innovations