These are our current logos along with a summary of what we do and who we are. We would like to keep the logo itself very simple and clean. Also incorporating any icon/picture into the word mark that should be unique enough to also stand by itself. This logo should make Spring recognizable and differentiate us from other startup incubators.
Logo Creative Brief
The purpose of this project is to create a lasting and memorable logo for the Spring brand. This logo will be showcased on all of our internal and external communications including our website, emails, posters, and any other signage. This logo is the first stage in our company rebrand. The goal is to condense and simplify Spring's messaging and offerings into a neat package distinct to the market of startup/entrepreneur education.
Workshops - We provide workshops on a variety of topics geared at entrepreneurs wanting to enhance their skill set. Ex) Capital Raising, Sales, PR, Community Management, crowdfunding...
Incubator - We run an incubator both online and in-person, several cohorts a year dedicated to taking entrepreneurs from idea to launch in 6 weeks. Entrepreneurs are encouraged but not required to be impact driven.
Accelerator - Our accelerator focuses on high growth, impact driven companies looking to make marked change in the world
Consulting - We offer a consulting arm on the side for companies who require help in specific areas. Companies must be impact focused.
- How can Spring convey expertise in tech-enabled businesses but also emphasize our passion for impactful entrepreneurs?
- What's the best way to help people understand what we do and the story behind our brand?
- How can we ensure brand recognition and meaning stay the same on a global scale, not just locally?
First Time Entrepreneurs - Those with a concept, or maybe just an idea. They're testing out the idea of being an entrepreneur and want to expand their resume of skills
Early Stage Entrepreneurs - They're all in now and are hustling to get it done. They're eager to learn and fill any knowledge gaps they have.
Students - They may or may not have been exposed to entrepreneurship courses in school. This is an experiment for them and a potential career path.
Partners - These companies and organizations have a shared mandate to help and support entrepreneurs and work with us to support local and global communities.
There are quite a few incubators and startup education organizations in Vancouver, here are some of our competition/partners:
- Wavefront - Wavefrontac.com (tech focused incubator)
- Launch Academy - launchacademy.ca - (tech focused incubator and workshops)
- RED Academy - redacademy.com - (startup education focus on UX, marketing, web development)
- Brain Station - brainstation.io - (startup education focus on UX, marketing, web development)
- Radius - radiussfu.com - (impact incubator/accelerator with a university)
- S3i - http://www.sauder.ubc.ca/Faculty/Re…_Investing - (impact incubator/accelerator with a university)
-Futurpreneur - futurpreneur.ca - (startup mentoring and financing)
-Highline - highline.vc - (high growth accelerator)
- The HiVE - hivevancouver.com - (coworking and education/services)
- Unreasonable Institute - unreasonable.is - (impact accelerator and incubator)
- General assembly - generalassemb.ly - (startup education, like RED Academy)
Our USP is that we intersect profit, technology, and purpose in what we believe is the future of entrepreneurship.
Look, Feel, Tone of Voice:
Spring is a young brand that boasts experience beyond its years. We like to keep it fresh and forward thinking but still maintain the appearance of being an expert in our field and an organization that can get you where you need to go.
Feel - Open and personable, don't be afraid to reach out to us and ask questions, we love sharing our POV and bringing people over the impact side or lend a hand
Look - Fairly attached to the teal but willing to give something else a go as well. Would like some kind of graphical element attached/integrated into a word mark. The look should reflect our personality and convey a sense of growth and new beginnings.
- Minimalistic and very simple
- Max 3 colours
- Able to be black and white
- No typical "Spring" graphics ex) leaves, trees, grass, flowers, an actual spring