SCHOOL SPECIALTY / PREMIER CREATIVE BRIEF
NEW LOGO DESIGN
Job Description: Create a logo that can be applied to multiple physical and digital channels for an education software application.
Product: The Premier Productivity & Learning System – (P²)
P² is a smart, personalized learning tool that helps all students excel as 21st century learners. Using P², students overcome planning and time management barriers, allowing them to develop higher order thinking skills.
The current logo is a “p” with a squared “2” inside of a circle.
Objective: To have an effective logo that builds positive perception, recall and informs overall awareness for the software education brand.
We need to create new traditional, online and social extension of our logo that reflect our product’s leading edge software application approach to student organization, time management and planning, (OTMP) skills development.
Target Audience: There are four primary audiences
• School Administrators: They are the decision makers regarding the purchase and use of the product. They partner with technology stakeholders in a product evaluator role. This has to fit their vision for their school, school district and current curriculum objectives.
• Teachers: They are the day-to-day specifiers. Female or male; experience ranges from newer to digital tools to digital natives. This has to stand out as its own brand but fit their current curriculum set of logos and materials - Scholastic to Elmer’s glue
• Students: They are the day-to-day users. 8 - 18 years old male and female; these are the digital natives. This needs to feel like it sits on the cooler side of school brands but not so far that it moves into gaming. It needs to feel and behave digital/normal to them. The brand has to be supported by a logo that is as cool and relevant for a 18 year old as it is for a 8 year old.
• Parents: The logo needs to serve as a constant reminder on their smartphone, tablet or computer that they are a partner in their child’s OTMP skills development and that they have an opportunity to help their child to succeed through the use of the product
What we want them to:
• I have an idea of what this software is for and what it does for me/my students
• This is a modern software application that represents the evolution of the print product
• Why don’t more educational materials looked like this?
• I feel confident that this product will perform as it says
• I am on the leading edge of education software
• I am kind of surprised something this cool is for the classroom
Additional Creative Direction: Please review the software key frames online to understand the product’s elegance and simplicity of design. From an overall aesthetic, this too needs to be reflected in the design while not losing any of its communicative potential. A tall order we know. Type should also reflect more software than traditional education.
Color can stand apart from the existing palette but must have some kind of complimentary component, more software than education. Logo must be clearly visible in multiple uses - from a mobile device to print collateral.
The design style is dimensionally flat, but that doesn’t restrict the approach.