Think of Mmmakan as an organic salad bar (so resembleshes fresh, healthy) but than with an contemporary Asian twist.
1. Objective design
Create a new food logo which is distinctieve, chique, modern, visually always recognizable for the public and applicable in several ways;
• Think of for example the Coca Cola bottle or the Golden Arches of McDonalds, The Starbucks angel – everybody directly regonizes something like that.
2. Usage logo
This logo will be used for branding purpose in-store and on packaging for a new Asian food concept “Mmmakan”.
• Instore: counter top, on menu, food labels, banners
• Packaging: part of our boxes, on our bottles en and materials – printed on or as a sticker (be aware packaging will mostly like be on cardboard)
3. Criteria logo
- No heads, cutlery, chopsticks or anything that resembles cheap Asian take-out!
- Logo needs to be simple but associate with healthy, light (organic/earthy) foods with an Asian twist.
- Logo must be able to use with and without the name Makan.
- Logo needs to feel chique like champagne
- Logo needs to feel modern, contempary. graphically attractive for social media platforms
- Logo needs to be fun, playful (not intimidating)
- Font needs stand out. Ability to make the font personal (for example a tag in cursive font)
- Logo needs to be recognizable from a distance
- A logo with store name, and without store name
- Use different bright colours
- Logo needs to look and feel fresh
- Logo needs to stand out
- Logo needs to be still simple and stand out
- Logo needs to be scalable
- Open to mildly hypnotic, magnetic force of attraction
- We are flexible on in or excluding borders on logo
- Look and feel like http://www.ilovesla.com, http://www.itsu.com , http://www.kimchee.co.uk.
4. Colours usage logo (see attached – file for inspiration and websites below)
Bright colours that go well on cardboard (packaging will be cardboard like > see: http://togo.kimchee.uk.com/home/men…/bibimbap), for example:
- Bright Yellow (see http://www.selfridges.com)
- Bright Orange (see http://www.veuve-clicquot.com/ or http://www.hermes.com)
- Et cetera.
Other logo’s we like – inspiration:
- http://www.kimchee.uk.com (for box packaging)