BisonMart.com is a brand new startup that sells bison meat and other bison products from suppliers that raise their animals naturally and humanely using sustainable practices.
It's important for contest designers to recognize that BisonMart.com does not represent a single bison farm or ranch, but rather is an online marketplace that will offer bison meat and other bison products from multiple quality bison suppliers (farms, ranches, bison by-product businesses).
A key underlying philosophy for BisonMart.com's bison supplier and product selection is that raising animals naturally and humanely using sustainable practices results in healthier lifestyles and a better society. Naturally means providing the animal with food it was created or designed to eat, in this case grass and not corn or animal by-products. Humanely means many things, but key items include raising the animals from start to finish in a pastoral (not an CAFO - Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations) setting and letting the animals live in naturally-formed family units or herds.
My hope is that the logo will work well for multiple image sizes and online and offline applications - website, email signatures, gift certificates, t-shirts, print advertising, etc.
I'd like to provide some preliminary thoughts and guidelines for the logo, but will try my best to avoid stifling your creativity. The logo should:
- be unique
- communicate a professional, reputable, and trustworthy business
- look good on a 21st century website, but at the same time appeal to old school bison farmers and ranchers...and also look good on marketing materials such as t-shirts
- (most likely) use a profile/side view of a full-body bison, but I will review & comment on any head-only proposals if a designer feels strongly about his/her concept
- have a bison that is easily recognizable from close up or from a distance when viewed on t-shirts, signs, etc
- not portray the bison in an aggressive manner or stance
- (if possible) gently reflect/communicate the sustainability or cyclical nature of natural non-factory farming practices
I'm very excited about working with designers to create a fantastic logo for BisonMart.com, and will monitor the contest daily and will provide feedback on all submitted designs.
Thank you very much for your support and participation.