Melbourne Meditation Centre
The Melbourne Meditation Centre runs meditation courses in Melbourne, Australia. Our focus is on teaching meditation as a simple, practical skill free of the new-age, religious and spiritual jargon often associated with meditation. We're looking for a funky new logo that expresses our down-to-earth, non-religious, practical approach to meditation and also illustrates (subtly) our desires to be innovative, iconoclastic and irreverent. The logo should embody trustworthiness and stability and express our reputation as one of the best established and credentialed places to learn meditation in Melbourne, but also make it look like we're a place we're learning is fun and our approach refreshing.
Our current image / colour scheme is demonstrated on our website: http://www.melbournemeditationcentre.com.au
The blue/green colour scheme works well, but the 'logo' is a bit dated, boring and includes no graphical element.
Simply Silence (http://www.simplysilence) is an associated project. The logo here is imaginative and expressive — more like what we're aiming at.
Another associated project is Meditation Events (http://www.meditationevents.com.au). This logo looks good too — but is a bit too corporate / serious for our purposes.
* mostly, but not exclusively, women
* all age groups, but predominantly 30 - 50 yr olds
* generally middle class
* looking for solutions to stress at work
* seeking to learn how to relax and live a more balanced life
* suffering from anxiety or insomnia
* seeking to improve their health and wellbeing
Our preference is for a logo:
* that looks good (and is legible) in smaller (and larger) sizes
* that works as black and white / grayscale, as well as colour
* that works on different colored backgrounds
* that works in both landscape and portrait formats
* that can be positioned anywhere on a page (left, right, top, bottom)
* provision for the tagline: relaxation, clarity, health, awareness
Logo required in editable Illustrator vector format with each design element on a separate layer.
and fonts (for windows) included.
peaceful (stress-free zone)
WHAT WE WANT
* a simple but imaginative/creative design which suggests peace, calm, clarity and awareness
* empahsis placed on the word Meditation; (Melbourne and Centre can be smaller.)
* clean, clear lines
* use of a simple yet stylish font - not a commonly used font
* the color scheme likely to consist of cool calming colors such as blue/green but open to experimentation with warm / organic colors
* the logo to convey a sense of connectedness and progress and look natural/organic
* no more than two or three colours
* you'll need to get creative with the graphical element - it could be anything from an upside-down elephant, or bird in flight, to a peaceful expression or nature scene.
* the design is likely to be suggestive rather than literal.
WE DON'T WANT
* anything typically / obviously associated with meditation. e.g. lotus flowers, cross legged postures, candles, incense, angels, butterflies, crystals
* no purple or pink