*** Overview ***
We are a new company Merchant and Miller that provides indulgent, high quality food, drink (mainly tea, coffee and biscuits) and associated accessories (cups, plates, cutlery, tea pots, coffee pots, kitchenware) to retail customer, cafes, hotels, restaurants, spas, venues and attractions. We are based in Chester, Cheshire, England, UK and our target consumer demographic are affluent tourists and 28-40 affluent professionals in the local area. We want to be seen as a high end / premium / hight quality brand.
Our value statement is:
‘Modern Cheshire, England; Quality, Affluence and Enjoyment’
*** Why the name? ***
We chose 'Merchant and Miller' as we felt it best represented the main areas of produce that we cover (tea, coffee and biscuits). 'Merchant' symbolises the tea and coffee trade that happens globally around the world through various traders and merchants. 'Miller' represents the main source ingredient of most biscuits and baked goods: flour. Flour is produced in a mill by a 'Miller'.
*** Deliverables: ***
As well as the standard 99design deliverables (see below) logo should also include a colour palette for further branding, an alternative logo for placement on darker backgrounds and submarks for smaller branded items. The logo should also have a complimentary icon with it (although this icon does not have to always form part of the logo and where necessary can be removed to allow for better media layout).
Successful designer will be considered for further design work (print media, website, social media) as the brand approaches launch.
*** Target Audience ***
- sell to trade in Cheshire, England, UK who promote local brands - hotels, spas, giftshops, attractions, museums, cafes, restaurants, farm shops
- sell to end consumers who live in Cheshire and enjoy buying local brands - mainly aged 28-40 modern professional men, women, couples who enjoy quality products
- target the tourism market in Cheshire through hotels, giftshops, attractions etc - mainly foreign visitors (high proportion from USA and Asia) who enjoy the quintessential quality and prestige associated with Cheshire England. We want them to buy our products as a memento of their time in Cheshire, or as a gift for friends and family that represents ‘modern english quality and affluence’.
- sell to international stockists specialising in quality international products or specialising in English produce.
- we plan to work with other high quality local brands and farm shops to promote cheshire produce.
- consumer who will spend their free time shopping around for local products, driving to different farm shops, local delis and farmers markets to find that extra special locally produced item. We see our brand complementing this experience as consumers enjoy our products either at home or out and about while eating local produce.
*** Retailers who serve the above consumers will be targeted ***
• Merchant and Miller online store
• Tourist attractions
• Farm shops
• Artisan Markets