- PlayJoy is written with a capital P and capital J, no space between
Play and Joy
- No animals head, so we cannot be mistaken with the Playboy logo
(bunny), I do like the logo though.
- An icon in combination with the company name.
These descriptions are sorted by preference, the top one is a must
- Iconic, eventually recognizable without company name.
- Express play and joy subliminally, clever, or in your face. A
playable logo has a giant lead over non-playable logo’s.
- Fun and joy without being kiddy.
- Don’t limit play to videogames, play should be interpreted as
broad as possible.
- Preferably no play button symbol (but a winning design could be
using it though).
- A bit of decadence/luxury appearance.
examples i like:
#18 (marco polo) had the potential IMO:
Pinterest logo board:
I have been designing myself, I was very satisfied with my direction,
until Google presented their Google Play logo which is quite similar
to where I was at.
All my own attempts incorporate the play button symbol as I have not
been able to take up a direction with other expressions of play while
staying iconic. I prefer going without the play button symbol.