Our company offers educators a valuable free service - the ability to collect exam data without complicated software or a million different features. We want to make it ultra easy and quick for a user to create an exam, scan the results, and view reports without the headache of dealing with software. We are a hip, fun company with a staff that has a proven background in education and know what educators need. We use the latest cloud computing technology to make all this possible so we'd like to convey some of that power in our website and logo.
Our target audience is mainly classroom teachers, private schools, home schoolers and anyone who is responsible for administering an exam and collecting the data. Our potential users are not terribly tech-savvy and will trust a website that seems simple, safe, and straightforward.
We'd like the logo to imply to the user that we are an established brand that is easy-to-use, yet powerful under the hood.
- logo must include an icon that can be displayed with or without the name Examscape
- Icon will preferably be "squarish" and can also be used in a desktop icon or favicon
- Examscape can be listed as "Examscape" or "ExamScape"
- The logo will be used primarily on the web, but also in secondary print and promotional material
- logo must look just as good against a white background as it does against a gradient
- We don't want the text to look like it was ripped out of Microsoft word. Choose a modern, unique font that isn't too "techie" or industrial.
- The text should not be in all caps
- The text should not be formal, like Times Roman
One of our favorite companies, Box.net makes the simple accessible:
Dropbox does the same with their logo:
Important change: Examscape is a combination of "Exam" "Landscape", so I would like to see what logos can be created with that concept.
Other possible concepts for the icon: pencil, paper, checkmarks, multiple choice bubbles, exams, tests, school, apples, student, classroom, studying