ExchangeServerPro.com is a tech website written by an IT professional, focusing on the primary topic of Microsoft Exchange Server. The blog covers news, product reviews, tutorials, and problem solutions. A new logo design is desired as part of an ongoing site overhaul and push to establish the blog as a stronger authority in its niche.
The blog is primarily read by IT professionals of all levels who seek guidance and solutions for Microsoft Exchange Server and related topics. In addition an IT/Business Manager audience also visits for some of the higher level, strategic content.
This contest is for a new logo design for ExchangeServerPro.com.
The overall design aims to look authoritative without being too cold and corporate. Some "edginess" in the design is acceptable but nothing overly trendy that will quickly date.
Microsoft's Exchange Server homepage:
Current ExchangeServerPro.com design (Thesis WordPress theme with minimal customizations):
The winning logo design will:
- scale well to different sizes
- work in both color and black and white/grayscale
- adapt well to different platforms such as blog header, Twitter/Facebook profile, ebook/whitepaper covers
- not include any elements such as commercial fonts or imagery that will cost additional money
The winning logo must be available as a layered Adobe Illustrator file.
- don't worry about business card mockups, they aren't necessary
- I don't like blue or green
-please make sure you demonstrate how the logo adapts to be a Twitter/Facebook avatar (eg 100x100 pixel icon) as this is an important part of the use of the logo
- some logos emphasized the word "Exchange" and make it look like "serverpro.com" is the websites URL, please avoid doing this