Bahama Jeff was started in the dark basement of our college editing labs. We’re both filmmakers, photographers, and entrepreneurs. We strive to create original, high-quality content that will tell a compelling story. While Bahama Jeff started out as a character it has transitioned to represent more of the mindset that the character embodies. This mindset is evident in our slogan, "Ride the Vibes." The slogan represents the positive attitude the company’s co-founders strive to maintain through the highs and lows of entrepreneurship. Bahama Jeff represents the crossroads of professionalism and creativity.
Our name is meant to grab your attention and we want people to ask the question, "Who/What is Bahama Jeff?" We want our name to stand out to our clients and stick in their heads. Our dilemma is getting clients to take us seriously without taking ourselves too seriously.
We've included some of our older logo designs to give an idea of where we’re at now but we don't want a redesign of our current logo -- we'd like to see something fresh, which successfully captures our new brand personality.
We are seeking to work with clients both domestic and international and therefore the logo must work across different cultures around the world.
Our brand personality is:
- Unique and a little weird
Logo types to explore:
- Text should be able to work as a stand-alone piece and within the design itself.
- 100% new and original: Please do NOT update our current logo. If wordmark logo is modified from an existing font, include font name in comments
- Open to a broad scope of ideas. We're not exactly sure of what we want and are not dead set on any one type of idea.
Logo will be used to create stickers, t-shirts, hats, and other promotional material.
UPDATE - 8/1/18
We have one day left for our contest. Thank you to all designers who submitted a design, we are really happy with the designs we’ve received so far but just wanted to give more designers a chance to submit.
A few things about our logo:
- “Bahama” and “Jeff” should be on the same line and not separated
- We would like to avoid any more logos that have too much of a “surfy” vibe. While we like these logos, we are looking for something a little more serious and NOT a surf company logo.
- In an effort to get the most use out of our logo, we’d like to see logos that don’t rely on the text to work. We want the text to work with the logo but also want the design to be able to stand alone for t-shirts, stickers, etc.
- We’d like to see two deliverables
- logo with text
- single colored logo (without text)
- Check out our new upload in our inspiration section