Guitaraholic.com needs a logo. The website is for guitar collectors, both professional as well as hobbyists. Guitar collecting is serious business, but most do it for fun and love of the instrument.
Wat inspireert je en hoe stel je je het ontwerp van jouw onderneming voor?
I need a logo that represents both the serious AND fun business of guitar collecting. Some people make a living at it, but most do it for fun - serious fun (and money) in some cases. Guitarists are a pretty picky bunch when it comes to their guitars, and tend to be very opinionated about their likes and dislikes regarding guitar brands, players, and music styles. Guitarist (and collectors) range from poor/wealthy nerds who are bedroom wankers, to full-bore gigging metal-heads who look like Neanderthals (no insult intended!).
The overall design of the website (not live yet) is very clean, simple, not a lot of colors, and for this first version, has a "metallic" look to it - lots of silver and gray scale, with some bright red and blue thrown in.
I'm not a graphics designer - I have a hard time drawing stick people - so I need some help here.
- I'm open to pretty much anything, as I've given it a lot of thought, and don't really feel strongly about any particular design idea.
- Serious or cartoonish - I'm open. But not too serious. Although the hobby can be serious, I don't want my users to feel like they're visiting a site that's all business. My site is all about having fun.
- A logo comprised strictly of text, or text with some distinguishing graphic. I prefer that latter.
- I'm fond of Web 2.0 logos, but unsure how that translates into a music-related logo.
- I like bright colors.
- I plan on using the logo for stickers and t-shirts, so the logo design needs to scale nicely to larger print.
- Final logo needs to be in a hi-res format (300dpi?) vector format so that I can manipulate its size and save it as a jpeg, tiff, png, etc. I hope that makes sense - if not, please correct me.
Wat je niet wil
- Generally, a lot of different colors in the design, mainly because of the need to print stickers and t-shirts. However, if the design simply warrants it, then I'll consider it.
- Adobe Flash.