We are launching a new brand for an existing product - web-based software to help school PTAs and small non-profits manage and run fundraising auctions. The new brand strategy focuses on our customer segments - and we are starting with schools and PTAs.
Wat inspireert je en hoe stel je je het ontwerp van jouw onderneming voor?
We want a logo that will anchor a brand designed to appeal to parents of pre-K through 12th grade students who are involved in their school fundraising activities. These parents are largely volunteers, who are dedicated to the cause - they are not professional fundraisers (well, most of them aren't). We want to use it primarily on our website, but also on business cards, banner stand graphics, brochures and the like.
We happen to be a bootstrapping startup, founded two years ago by 5 PTA dads with software industry experience. We are definitely a David, next to the Goliath in the business, and we have had our greatest success leveraging our personal knowledge of running school fundraising auctions.
In addition to the cash prize, we'll also give the winner a single-event subscription to our software - so if you're involved with the PTA at your kid's school, this contest could be more valuable to you.
- The brand words ("School", "Auction", and ".net" (we don't own the .com yet, so the .net needs to be more prominent than we would otherwise like.))
- Open to simple type-only treatments, or treatments that include a simple graphic - but no clip art, please.
- Overall feeling should be appealing, approachable - and imply easy-to-use
- Format - editable vector-based e.g, Illustrator
- Sites we like that cater to the same sort of audience: schoolpulse.com, teamsnap.com
- It would be lovely if the logo could be adapted for a favicon, too. But this is a secondary (maybe tertiary) concern.
Wat je niet wil
- Try to avoid obvious cliches (e.g. crayon handwriting)