New start-up company looking for a fresh company logo to use for branding
DiscoverBB / Discover Bed and Breakfast
Wat inspireert je en hoe stel je je het ontwerp van jouw onderneming voor?
DiscoverBB.com is a new web2.0 enabled bed and breakfast listing service. Launch is April 2009 (was July 2008 but hey...)
We are a company listing properties in USA, Canada, UK, Australia and New Zealand initially. Following on from that we plan to go multi-lingual with Europe.
Bed and Breakfast owners tend be between 35 and 70, and the typical BandB users are also in that age range. They go to BandB because it's a home away from home and the places have more character than large chain hotels and motels. Quality is normally associated with going to BandB, thought not necessarily luxury.
One of the key features of the website is the extremely simple user interface. We don't like to scare away BandB customers with an overly complex or ornate user interface. As such, there's a LOT of white space and very little text on the page.
We are looking for 3 different logos usage scenario:
- A recognizable image
- A long rectangular logo that has the image along with the text: Discover Bed and Breakfast (48 high...whatever width) e.g. a banner header.
- A square logo 128x128 that has the logo and the words DiscoverBB and/or Discover Bed And BreakfastE.g. for each submission I'd like to see different pictures.
The slogan is: Your next home away from home
- Rich colors possibly transparent
- Eye catching/sleek
- Easy to understand
- Strong Character
- Artwork should be in a vector format like that produced by Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator.
- The logo/design must be adjustable in size without losing its quality.This is the second of three competitions I am running for discoverBB.com. The first produced the set of icons to be used.
From these icons we have deduced a sample color scheme, however this is not set in stone, I am flexible as long as it is in keeping with the icons.
Wat je niet wil
- Really not interested in anything with a globe...too cliche.
- .COM in the logo.
- Nothing difficult to read.