Crave is a new social commerce site for collectibles with the mission to make the real-life game of collecting more fun. Fans can share, discover, and buy anything collectible. Unlike existing marketplaces & forums, we let people connect to products by telling us what they have and want. The essential experience for using our site is the same feeling our users get from going to a convention for their favorite collectible category. It is where they get updated on the latest happenings, socialize with the biggest fans, share their collections & get admired for them, and buy/sell/trade items.
- authentic (showcasing brands that fans care about)
- casual & engaging
- heart of our brand is the first place fans come to stay connected to the collectibles they love
- Fresh, modern & clean
- Presents ‘product as hero’ as you see in collector books
- Preference for sans serif fonts
Vertel ons iets meer over jezelf en de mensen die je bereikt
The early adopter of Crave is a passionate collector/fan of toys. Toy categories will range from Transformers to Barbie. He or she is active weekly on community sites like forums, social networks & wikis as well as marketplaces like eBay, Amazon, & specialty online retail.
Demographics: 25-45 male or female (possibly 20-35), gender depending on category.
- Logo to be used on website and in print
- Logo to be worn on t-shirts by proud fans at conventions. It will make use of whatever our tagline turns out to be or some other cool ways to let fans express pride in what they love as well as using Crave. For example, the t-shire could be a play on “I heart NY” such as “I crave Transformers.” As another example, it could be a play on web urls, with a unique shirt for each collectible category such as crave/transformers, crave/barbie, crave/disney).
- Logo to be used as a watermark on photos of collectibles that are uploaded to our site. Goal is to let users will know where the picture came from without obscuring or interfering with too much of photo.
Project Deliverables: Logo in color and black & white. See use cases above.
- Needs to be memorable without overshadowing the collectible brands from toys to decorative collectibles to sports memorabilia.
- Should appeal to fans from a variety of collectible categories as explained above. Most will be related to pop-culture. We are open to explorations from more friendly to more edgy/modern.
- One concept we’ve discussed is a unique & identifiable shape that includes the word Crave and can be skinned to pair with the collectible brand it is featured with. For example, EA’s latest branding creates EA with a standard circle shape and is skinned by each game team to match the game brand (see Battlefield vs The Sims 3).
- Another concept is to come up with a clever use of the font to reflect the meaning of Crave.
- We currently have a visual design mock-up for the site (see attached). We’d like a logo that fits within this color palette.