We're a fledgling tee shirt, beach and summer wear company.
We think that “lose the shoes” is the perfect way to say “Relax and be happy. You’re on vacation.”
We're going to be selling “lose the shoes” tee shirts and other summer related products via an online store, beach town boutiques and at summer markets.
There’s a song to lose your shoes by. It’s called, appropriately enough, “Lose the Shoes.”
Here’s a link to a demo version of it. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbUrD4biKvc)
When the finished version makes it out of the recording studio it will have marimbas, bongos and steel pans enticing you to some sunny island with plenty of reggae and just enough calypso make you close your eyes and say to yourself “Remember this!”
[If the link doesn't work, try the attached file at the bottom of the page.]
Vertel ons iets meer over jezelf en de mensen die je bereikt
Everyone who buys a tee shirt with a logo on it. Essentially the same people who wear “Life is Good” paraphernalia.
“Lose the Shoes” is a beach house attitude. It’s walking into the door of a bright, open summerhouse, dropping your bags and losing your shoes (and responsibilities) for a week or two.
For the kids it means endless days in the surf, starfish on the jetty, gulls making lazy passes on the trade winds, and a pail and shovel for every budding castle engineer.
For teenagers it means no school, no chores, no worrying about what they have to wear for days on end. To teens, “Lose the Shoes” is just short-hand for saying “Relax, summers are for, well, just ‘hanging.’”
This is what parents have been waiting for for how many months now? Since last summer? There may be an alarm clock in the house, there may be an internet connection, there may be a reason to put on a good shirt. But who cares? All you packed were Bermuda shorts, a swimsuit and your favorite tee shirt. Lunch is one-ish, your sunglasses are never out of reach, drinks are at sundown and dinner is whatever anybody is in the mood for. The kids are around but not underfoot and they’re happy. And you’re happy because they’re busy and you’re not. “Lose the Shoes?” Well, for adults it’s a chance to wind down and laugh and feel like a kid for a while.
· Style in simplicity is important
· Fun, but not overly simplistic and child-like. Avoid the stick figure from the “Life is Good” brand of clothing. We need to differentiate ourselves from “Life is Good.”
· Eventually, we would like the logo to be recognizable enough to be used on collared shirts ala Izod and Polo, but we’re beginning with just tee shirts.
· Logo should reflect the relaxed ethos of the brand, but not too down-scale.
· Not looking for a super-sleek post-modern design. By the same token, we don’t want it to be too “retro” either. (Stay away from any design that smacks of the '70s, though)
· We’re currently “seeing” the logo as footprints with the phrase “Lose the Shoes” spelled out in a distinctive font. The bare feet should also be distinctive enough to eventually stand on their own (pardon the pun), without the phrase attached.
· We’d like the design to be simple and unique enough to be understood in different languages and different locales.
· With that being said, we’re open to all creative ideas.
· The logo will go on all different colored tee-shirts, other beach and summer clothing, doormats, and will be the company logo.
We'll need the logo in a vector format so we can tweak it in Photoshop if necessary. Also, a high-res jpg. Thanks