Food Innovation Australia Limited – FIAL is an industry-led, government funded initiative to accelerate commercially-driven collaboration and innovation in the Australian food industry. The Food Precinct was announced as part of the Australian Government’s $1 billion Industry and Innovation Statement: A Plan for Australian Jobs to ensure the Australian food industry develops the capacity and capability to take advantage of business opportunities in the Asian (http://www.aussiejobs.innovation.gov.au).
To accelerate the growth of Australian food businesses, particularly SMEs by providing a multifaceted platform offering for collaborative information, knowledge and skills sharing and development essential to tap into the vast opportunities available in local and Asian markets.
Critical mass of people and ideas in the Australian food and beverage industry that collaborate to innovate and deliver quality products, services, skills or solutions to local and Asian markets.
FIAL provides services to the food and beverage industry and acts as a catalyst to connect problems/challenges for the industry to solutions working various entities across the supply chain.
Target audience is the food and beverage industry, particularly SMEs and their suppliers including research organisations, universities and government organisations such as Austrade, AusIndustry etc.
Elements of the brand needs to capture the following:
- Represent both the food and beverage sectors and endeavor to span their respective supply chains i.e. paddock to plate
- Logo needs to reflect: openness, collaboration, novelty, continuously evolving, progressive, confidence
- Innovative product or service or skill or solution
- Geographic focus is Australia and Asia but could allude to the rest of world
- Tangible benefits – increased profitability, productivity, etc
- Quality is premium whether it is a product or skill or service or solution
- Colour theme is green and gold (Australian colours)