We are a new orchard and farm on a small patch of land in the rolling hills of the Sierra foothills. We will sell a variety of all natural foods grown on our ranch. We need a logo suitable for business cards, stationery, and small iconic notations of our products in the menus/displays of local restaurants and groceries.
Wild Blackberry Springs
Wat inspireert je en hoe stel je je het ontwerp van jouw onderneming voor?
Our ranch gets its name from the 3 springs that are on our property and the wild blackberry briars that are prevalent in our area. The springs and the delicious berries are what relocated us to this beautiful area of grassy meadows and spreading blue oak trees. Our logo should reflect the land, nature and health rather than any of the foods we grow here locally (orchards, vegetables, eggs, mushrooms, etc. because those may change over time). The logo should contain our brand name, but not necessarily prominantly. It should be simple enough that it could be printed in the margin of a "weekly specials" menu at a local restaurant or used in the corner of a sign advertising our produce in a grocery store. Of course we'll use the logo for business cards and other typical business items.
- Our brand name must be in the logo
- A simple color palette, preferable natural/neutrals. If you are interested, some colors in nature on our ranch are golden/tan grass of summer, dark green/blue leaves of the oaks and blackberries, grey/blue boulders, and the wild blackberries that begin green, turn red and then finally reach a shiny black/purple.
- A logo that is recognizable as a 1/2-1 inch (1-3cm) icon but also looks good as a 3 ft (1 m) sign on the gate to our ranch.
- A logo that reflects nature, health, natural foods, and the simple dignity of growing food for our community
- A logo that reflects our locality in the rolling hills of the Sierra Foothills in northern California (golden sun-baked meadows of grass with majestic, intricately shaped blue oaks http://www.blueplanetbiomes.org/blue_oak.htm and scattered rock outcrops)
- A winning design in a vector format file and also a copy in .pdf or .jpg of the design sized to approx. 1 inch (we aren't all designers with Adobe Photoshop, so we need something we can use in traditional business apps like word processors, spreadsheets, etc.)
Wat je niet wil
- The word "organic." We are not a certified organic farm nor do we plan to go through that ordeal. We raise fresh food naturally and sell to local businesses and individuals. We work hard and shun chemicals, but we don't want to mislead people who are caught up in the current "organic" chic.
- A "busy" logo -- this is a simple business, a simple life...
- A logo that focuses on a single food product (other than perhaps blackberries since that is in our brand name)