Hi there, I need a logo that will work nicely across our web and TV shows. I need the design to be bold and reasonably simple so that it'll work on multiple media: The web, video, clothing, printed materials. I'm thinking one or two colours featuring a mobile handset and a TV -- and most probably the words 'mobile developer tv', but I defer completely to your expertise and suggestions.
Mobile Developer TV
The logo will form the identity for Mobile Developer TV -- that is, a website (http://www.mobiledeveloper.tv) and at the front of every video we produce.
We'll be using the logo on all sorts of materials including our clothing -- when we're at conferences or events, our crew will be wearing jackets featuring the logo, so the logo should be instantly recognisable, bold, clearly understood -- and quite simple so it can be eaisly stitched/printed. Also, in some cases we will need to super-impose a watermark of the logo on some videos -- so it should still work in black/white.
About the site/show: Our concept is simple: We will interview the best and the brightest of the world's mobile application developers (iPhone, Android, Nokia and so on). Each interview will be between 5 and 10 minutes long.
Logo ideas: I think it would be good to feature some kind of TV element, perhaps fused with a mobile phone handset. I'd also like to have a logo that can be used separately from it's text. I'm envisioning a 'mark' (or graphic) of some kind, next to the words 'Mobile Developer TV' or similar. It'd be good of the mark would standalone so it could be used as a Twitter icon, website icon, and so on.
If you think 'Mobile Developer TV' is just too much of a mouthful, don't be afraid to try variations on 'MDTV' or similar.
- Bold design, easily recognisable, simple
- Should work across multiple media (screen, video, clothing)
- I think text should probably be in capitals
- I'd like to see a typeface choice that is quite thick/bold because it'll need to work nicely on video (Compression from Youtube and mobile video isn't kind to complicated graphics)
- One or two colours -- by all means use multiple colours.
- Should work in black and white too
- Consider the logo displayed full screen on the video; and also bottom left of the video -- whether it's scaled huge or small, it should still be identifiable.
- If you're looking to include a mobile phone element, try and keep it generic and easily recognisable as a mobile handset (e.g. an aerial, a keypad, screen).
- A complicated design won't work