We need a logo for our many products (website, wiki, blog, digital archive, CDs, books, etc.). We are a constantly growing, "living" archive that strives to be innovative, interactive, and vibrant- but at the same time, tied to history and Jewish culture.
We are new organization formed by the combining of several different projects. We need a new logo to tie all of these projects together.
We need a logo that can express our historical foundation but at the same time capture our creative, musical, and innovative spirit.
Please check out our blog and website for an idea about our sense of humor and style:
About the Idelsohn Society: We're a volunteer-driven team of young academics and music industry veterans committed to tracking down lost Jewish music and the musicians who created it, preserving their stories to create an alternative history of the past which we can use to create a dynamic conversation that will build a creative, vibrant Jewish future. We want to engage young Jews in a conversation about their Jewish roots, which many know little about, by using music as a catalyst and tool to start the discussion.
- Needs to say "Idelsohn Society for Musical Preservation", but Idelsohn Society should be dominant
- Need something that will work on web and printed materials
- We generally like warm colors
- We want something fun but not kitschy
- Logo can include (but doesn't have to) image of Abraham Idelsohn (which has can be seen here: http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/…sohn_1.jpg
- No star of David