We are building DVD tutorials on accounting, bookkeeping and taxation related issues currently for the Canadian Marketplace. We also consult with Rookie Entrepreneurs starting their business ventures.
This site will also shortly turn into a subscription/membership based HELP desk for users of accounting software QuickBooks, Simply Accounting and others.
Here is the design of the website we are working on.
The logo at the top needs Help. And we are open to suggestions. If the "plus" sign + could be incorporated into the logo that would be great.
We are having fun doing this, Accounting and Bookkeeping are not boring. So humour is important.
Our initial marketing campaign will revolve around the turkey and the tagline "Let's Talk Turkey" not to be included in the LOGO just to give you an idea of what we are up to.
The favicon will be the word UP in bold yellow letters on a black background, you don't need to make this.
So the general colour scheme is Black and white with shades of grey (sounds like an accountant allready) which provides contrast to all content, graphics etc.
- bright and cheery
- bold colours, that will pop against the general site colors
- a "plus" sign somewhere
- psd file
- should look good on transparent or black background
- will need transparent background once in a while for the DVD's
- tagline "Accounting for Newbies" or something like that
- The top header area is 940px by 110px
- Minimum size on header is 440px by 110px
- because the logo could be left, center or right in the header a smaller size is better
- no rainbows
- forget that professional look, I like the professional look for an accountant but not for this