Peer to Peer (P2P) Loans are a rapidly growing trend where people loan money directly to each other. The Social Lending Network is a high quality news and information site launching to cover this fast-growing industry. Your logo design will help set the tone for everything we do!
Social Lending Network
Peer to Peer (P2P) Loans are a rapidly growing trend where individuals lend money to each other. Lenders (sometimes called investors) are attracted to P2P loans because they hope to earn a higher rate of return than other investments pay and many like they feeling that they are helping out other people at the same time. Boworrers like P2P loans because it offers them a way to borrow funds more cheaply than other sources, or because they may not have access to other sources of funds. Loans are typically used for debt consolidation, education expenses or for a small business. Additionally, sometimes, friends and families use P2P loans so that a neutral third-party will manage the transaction and keep emotions low. Collectively, this is all called Social Lending. Learn more about Social Lending here.
Social Lending Network is our new site dedicated to news and information about P2P Loans. Though the site obviously has a financial and business slant, it is targeted to consumers. Specifically, we are eager to attract borrowers and lenders who are new to social lending.
Some of the leading P2P loan sites in the United States that we will cover include:
- Virgin Money
- Lending ClubNote that Social Lending is larger and more established outside of the U.S., but we will only be covering the U.S. market initially.
Please feel free to ask any questions via the 99designs interface. We will provide feedback on all 4- and 5-star designs. Additional work may be available for those who make high quality submissions.
- Logo should be clean, clear, and very professional looking
- Since Social Lending involves people borrowing and lending money to each other, you may wish to suggest people-helping-people in your logo.
- Keep in mind that we are launching a financial news and information site, but we want something that is not too stodgy.
- Of the five P2P loan companies listed above, Loanio has the logo which we like best.
- As we will be basing the site's color palette off of your logo, please minimalize your use of colors that will be hard to translate into an attractive site design.
- Please make sure that your work is totally original. If you use any third-party images, be prepared to demonstrate that they are available for free third-party commercial or that rights can be purchased for $25.00 or less.