I've updated these requirements, as I've learned a lot about what I think works as the contest has gone on.
We want a logo that incorporates a dog. Picking up on the 'hot' thing too would be good (we like the chihuahua in the sunglasses attached), but don't worry too much about that. We'd like to get a real character out of this, something that's almost a mascot, that we could use in a variety of situations with tweaks to the facial expression or outfit.
- Bold, clear, simple designs.
- Faces with lots of personality.
- Straight, regular fonts.
- Designs with faces that could be used with a variety of expressions.
- Either highly contrasting, mono-coloured designs, or coloured designs with good texture, gradients and contours.
- The name 'Hotwoofy', one word, on one line.
We don't really like:
- Bouncy/blocky/graffiti/irregular fonts.
- Faces that are too angry-looking (although some intensity is fine), butch or devoid of personality.
- Designs that are very two-dimensional, with no texture, and just big regions of colour.
- Images that are either too detailed (e.g. filtered photography) or too abstract (e.g. anything in which we can't make out a face).
- The name 'Hot Woofy', 'HotWoofy', 'HotWoofie' or anything on two lines.
The attached photo captures a lot of what we find interesting. It's a juxtaposition of a serious, focussed facial expression, with some silliness. We like to have fun doing work, and we have a fairly silly name, but we're serious about what we do, and we work hard.
We'd like a JPEG/PNG, the original layered RGB PSD file and a CMYK AI file if that's possible, but only because the FAQ tells us that's a good idea. We want it on web pages, app icons and business cards, is all.