The ai.joo brand aims to appeal to two different audiences:
1. Decision makers in Media, Marketing and Research
For this target group ai.joo aims to communicate:
- Well-founded and credible (Scientific and analytical)
- High value and high quality
- Clear (clear applicability and clear benefits)
2. Users/Participants in ai.joo
For users who install the ai.joo app and browser extension to participate in our studies the brand should appear:
- Interesting and informative
- Fun to use
1. Type of logo
Pictorial or abstract mark: As you can see in the example logos, we like pictorial and abstract marks.
For pictorial or abstract elements you can find a couple of motives in this document (shadows of people, river, mind, etc.). Also see the comments below.
Both spellings, capital or lower case - ‘Ai.joo‘ or ‘ai.joo‘ are fine.
We think that the lowercase spelling emphasizes rhythm and symmetry in the letters and leads to a more iconic word mark. This would be a good fit for the users perspective on ai.joo.
The capital spelling on the other hand appears more grown up and credible and might be more appealing for the clients of Ai.joo.
We like the colors in this document. Still there are no preexisting constraints in the choice of colors.
The logo is intended to serve as an origin of a broader CI.
Though the focus of this contest will be the logo and we plan to commission separate requests for additional tasks we will in the later stages of this contest ask the designers to point to how their design could be extended and be compliant with the following applications:
A) Use in conjunction with a slogan
Currently we use the slogans ‘Media Intelligence‘ and ‘Deep Mind Intelligence‘ as a subtitle as can be seen in the example files.
B) Use in conjunction with product appendix
Currently we use the terms ‘(Pulse) ‘, ‘.research‘, ‘.media intelligence ‘ and ‘[Vision]‘ to label individual products as can be seen in the example files.
C) Deriving an app icon
How can the logo relate to an app icon?
D) Use in web- and document design
How can the motives, colors and typography of the logo be reused and applied in web- and digital document (pdf, ppt) design?
5. Motives & concepts
In the file download you can see two illustrations of concepts that are important in ai.joo. These motives/concepts could potentially be interpreted and used in the logo design.
*UPDATE and more notes:*
I have some general learnings from the contest so far:
1. It is very difficult to archive the serious and credible look that Ai.joo wants by integrating graphical elements into the word 'ai.joo' or experimenting with the shape of the characters.
Also, having just a plain typo word mark does not satisfy Ai.joo's aim to become a memorable and engaging brand.
I thus propose to focus on a pictorial or abstract mark.
2. To generate the sensitive, fluid and elegant look ai.joo aims for, please consider a very clear and simple typo with no sharp edges.
3. From what I have seen so far graduations or shades don't go along with the clear, precise and elegant look that ai.joo wants. I suggest you don't use them unless your idea does absolutely require it.
4. Regarding the motive of the abstract/pictorial element it seems important to establish some (possibly very abstract) reference to what ai.joo does: Media research on intuitive (and subconscious) user behavior that delivers continuous and well integrated insights and benefits for our clients.
Thank you for your incredible work!