This assignment is for a logo consisting of the phrase “FunGuy Mushrooms” and a figure that personifies a common supermarket mushroom.
• The primary figure will be substituted with other yet-to-be designed characters, depending on the mushroom variety.
• The brand name should be able to stand on it’s own without the figure, and vice versa.
• The word “FunGuy” should also be able to stand on it’s own (without "Mushrooms"), and scale down well where necessary.
• The most frequent brand applications will be 1) online and 2) on product packaging.
• We are also considering a promo video down the road, so the ideal character design should lend itself to animation.
See the existing logo and character (jpg: "Old Clear label Pkg") for your reference. We don't hate it, but it's a little stale.
We want something more current, less 1990s. We're looking for something amusing, smart, approachable, bold. Most supermarket mushroom brands blend into the crowd. We want FunGuy to stand out! He’s a likeable, congenial, leader-of-the-pack. The voice we have in mind is: SpongeBob meets The Muppets.
Note: Additional projects may be issued to the winning designer (upon negotiation of terms) to develop at least 3 more character illustrations – i.e. crimini, portobello, shiitake. See the file attached (pdf: table of characters) for more detail on how we plan to differentiate each character.
No copyrighted, royalty-free, or stock imagery or parts thereof may be used in the design. Original designs only. Final files must be available in a hi-res, vector file format.