A clean, modern, flexible logo is needed that can provide inspiration for a visual brand identity.
This logo will be for a site/blog focusing on higher ed web development, interactive media and relevant news. This is an extension and rebranding of a current blog. The audience is higher ed professionals looking for innovative ideas, concepts and reviews of industry best practices.
Think higher ed meets web 2.0.
- A vector-based logo that can be adapted to be used in different media.
- The logo should be flexible in that it drives inspiration for visual identities of other sections (for instance a news section titled: "The Daily Grind"). So, perhaps a type treatment combined with an icon.
- Color palette is open for suggestions, however must be modern, up-to-date. The identity is clean, not over-designed.
- An logo for a white background, and a logo for a dark background.
- eduGrind is one word (no space), but the two parts can be treated differently.- Unless you have compelling visual reason, please keep the current mix of lowercase and uppercase letters (eduGrind).
- Must be professional!
- Please don't do anything cliche (academic seals, caps and gowns, books)
- Please don't do anything formal - Serif fonts should only be used through an informal approach.