We're looking for logos for our Middle School Youth Group - "DETOUR STUDENT MINISTRIES" - and our High School Youth Group - "HIGHWAY STUDENT MINISTRIES." Looking for a type of brand identity that will be similar for both groups (which is why we're wanting them designed together), but that will still allow for separate identities when people see each logo.
"DETOUR STUDENT MINISTRIES" and "HIGHWAY STUDENT MINISTRIES"
We are a church Youth Ministry broken up by grades - Middle School and High School. We need two logos - one for DETOUR STUDENT MINISTRIES and one for HIGHWAY STUDENT MINISTRIES. We need the logos to be visually different enough that people can tell them apart, but be similar enough to see that they are connected. These need to be sleek and stylish - not too kiddy - we want these to be something that kids would want to wear on a t-shirt or hoody. Hope that makes sense!
- 2 separate logos with words DETOUR STUDENT MINISTRIES on one and HIGHWAY STUDENT MINISTRIES on the other.
- Recognizable and identifiable logos for each (symbol).
- The words DETOUR and HIGHWAY should stand out more than STUDENT MINISTRIES on each.
- I'm picturing a logo/symbol with the words centered below it, but it's not absolutely necessary - feel free to experiment!
- Both should be able to integrated into .com logos - highwaystudents.com and detourstudents.com.
- ALSO, both should be able to drop the .com and just be seen as HIGHWAY STUDENTS or DETOUR STUDENTS.
- Logos should be able to be transferred to a t-shirt, letterhead, and look good in a solid color.
- 2 colors or less per logo. (Reds, oranges, blues, blacks are good)
- Even though I'm capitalizing the names of each ministry, they do not have to be capitalized in the logo - I'm not terribly picky about that right now.
- Something road-themed is OK, but not absolutely necessary (stay away from street signs - it's overplayed).
- Sleek, professional-looking font - but with a youthful edge (maybe incorporate youthful edge into actual symbol/logo)
- Too much gradient (I'm OK with a little, but remember, these should look good printed in a solid color).
- Street signs (it's a little overplayed and too expected).
- Cheesy, kiddy fonts - make it sleek and professional-looking with a youthful edge.
- Anything too busy - needs to be to the point!