We need a new logo for International Club Network (ICN), which manages the Privileged Play golf program. ICN is the largest alliance of independent private clubs and public and resort golf courses in the world. It was founded in 1998 at the request of the Club Managers Association of America to provide members of private clubs with access to other private clubs when they travel, taking the burden off of individual private club managers to establish and maintain reciprocal relationships with clubs in other countries. ICN continues to run this private club program today.
ICN introduced the Privileged Play golf program in Canada in 2004. Privileged Play is a public golf membership program which provides golfers with discounts and other benefits at high-end public golf courses across Canada and engages the golfers in a way that they feel like they are members of a private club. ICN’s goal with Privileged Play is to grow the game of golf by encouraging the public golfer to play more golf, through discounts, tournaments, game improvement tools such as clinics, golf tips and handicapping and by offering an exceptional course selection in their local area.
Vertel ons iets meer over jezelf en de mensen die je bereikt
- Males 25-65, who live in large Canadian urban centres or in surrounding suburbs
- White collar employment, college/university educated
- Average - above average household income
- Aspiring mindset – wants to play the best courses and potentially belong to a private club but wants to play different courses; not sure he or she will play enough golf to justify joining a private club and/or may be mindful of expenses as well
- Target is enthusiastic about golf but is not necessarily a low handicapper – wants to improve their game and play more golf but is also interested in the social aspects of the game
- Priority targets reside in Ontario, Alberta and BC, Canada
The creative task at hand is to design a new logo for ICN’s Privileged Play golf program that instantly communicates “GOLF” to the reader. The logo will need to be used for web and print and be recognizable in both large and small formats. The first use of this logo will be on packaging on the products of one of our marketing partners that will have national presence, but it will also be used on our website and in print collateral. Keep in mind that this logo may also be used on t-shirts and other golf-related items.
The qualities we would like the logo to evoke include: