Our logo is meant to be a representation of the sun and the earth, suggestive of the dependence of our planet on the Sun. We really like the symbology and are not looking for an entirely new logo but a rather an improvement and professionalization of what we have now.
We like the symbol because it is easy to reproduce for various marketing purposes. It is also easily transferable to other marketing materials such as shirts, vehicle signage, print media, etc. Some feedback we get is that the people don’t understand that the circle is the sun, or the Earth is not easily recognized. If possible we’d like for the logo to address this.
Merlyn Power is the trade name of the company. “Renewable Energy Systems” or “Solar Specialists” are descriptive tags we’ve flirted with however current feelings are to dump the renewable energy generality and focus more on the solar aspect.
• Colours: We like simple, earthy, natural, metallic – olive drabs, military like colours
• As few colours as possible.
• We would like the symbol and the company name to be easily separated for different marketing communication
• We like the idea of 3D or chiseled looking logo that stands out and comes off the page
• Anything to make the sun more sunlike?