NOTICE: THIS CONTEST IS NEAR CLOSING WITH A FINAL LOGO - PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT ANY ADDITIONAL SAMPLES. Thanks!
This logo is for a performing arts organization known as North by Northwest. The focus of the logo should be on the shortened letters NxNW. We are looking very something extremely modern, unique and interesting. Some of the colors we were looking at were burgundy, a hint of lime green, and possibly white or gold. The logo should look good in color and also with a black background as it will be embroidered or screened onto the back of a jacket.
1. I do want something a little more Script so to speak. Not so feminine that you want to gouge your eyes out, but more classy.
2. I do like all the logos that have NxNW at the top and then it's spelled out underneath.
3. I like the fact that some logos have the x as something more than just the letter but the arrow, the navigational sign/compass, the circle. I think I like the idea of the arrow. Can we try something more fresh and artistic with the arrow?
4. I like the compass and the word "by" are the same color in some logos.
5. I don't want any kind of dancer symbols or rain drop symbols.
6. I also don't want block lettering.
Take a look at the arrow here: http://img295.imageshack.us/my.php?…w89yx7.gif
We like the way the arrow looks and also the use of some gradients or shading behind the logo. Maybe we could do something where NxNW is above the curve and the arrow comes up and out as part of the X. Then North by Northwest is spelled out underneath.