Simple yet innovative, cool yet professional. We need an awesome logo that just works. Like nWire.
We are going to extend the contest for a few days. The purpose is mainly to let us form an opinion on our main contenders. We might ask the designers of the leading designs to fine-tune their work.
We cannot block new designs, however, if we didn't specifically ask for a new revision from you on an existing design, please save your energy and refrain from submitting new designs.
nWire is software development tool. It is a plug-in (extension) for the Eclipse development platform. The tool analyzes the application code, makes sense of the different components (artifacts) and their connections and uses the information in a number of tools: code exploration, search and visualization. Please visit http://www.nwiresoftware.com and watch the demo before entering.
The name nWire is derived from the concept of Wiring application components together. Modern applications are built from thousand of small components, bound together in a complex mesh, to produce the desired functionality. nWire focuses on the associations between the components. It shows the bigger picture of the application: how everything connects together.
nWire is smart yet simple. It is a practical tool that just works. I like the simple, pragmatic approach very much. nWire is ideal for understanding and reading code. Many times, developers are lost in huge systems. nWire is the answer for that. It is a true productivity booster.
I need an awesome logo for nWire. To be clear - the product is called nWire and the company is nWire Software LTD (the nWire brand is the one that matters here)
- Logo that can work on our web site header and marketing emails. The logo will also be used for business cards, brochures, letterheads, etc.
- The logo should be a combination of graphics and the "nWire" text. The nWire text should appear as it is on our site (small n, Capital W, Wire is bold, the n is bigger to match the W height).
- The Logo should work on white background. However, our site header is currently blue, so it should work there, too. The site design may be updated in the near future, but we prefer lighter colors as background.
- The size should be about the same as on our site. We prefer somethingwhich is about square, so it can work as an avatar and favicon, too. Itis possible to give a square graphical logo without the text, and addthe text to create the full site logo.
- The product is part of the Eclipse ecosystem, thus, it may (not necessarily) take inspiration from Eclipse logos and related artwork. Also, check out some additional artwork around the Eclipse site (see the downloads page, users, etc). It should be more innovative, though (less pastel colors)
- This goes for fonts as well. The Eclipse font logo is good for us, too (used Helvetica Neue for current "logo"). Need not be the same, but close.
- We prefer AI format, but if that's a problem, we're open to suggestions.
- Something too flashy or extravagant. Simple.
- NO Clipart, must be original
- NO Recycled logos
- Please no references to Java specifically. The tool is currently for Java, but the offering will be extended in the near future.