Open for Change
We are looking for a great, cool & clean logo design for this new platform!
Open for Change is a network/platform for exchanging knowledge about development (happening on the web) in order to support new and existing projects in the philanthropic or Development Aid sector. It is all about open data, sharing knowledge and developing standards to do so.
Ok, this sounds a bit abstract but listen to this:
Internet is a daily source of information for more than 2 billion people worldwide and has caused a lot of political, social, cultural and economic changes. The world of philantrophy or development or aid has also changed because of the internet.
The trend is towards more transparency, more networking and partnering across the globe. For example, many organizations use the web to create awareness, attract volunteers, receive donations, connect micro garantees and show the impact of their work.
The other major trend is using the internet to increase access to information, education, health care and income generation.
Wouldn’t it be great if all these initiatives could be linked to share information, methods and technologies?
Our objective is to stimulate the creation of open data and standardization of internet applications in the Dutch Philanthropy sector. We would like to connect with international initiatives to contribute to the development of an open system.
We are looking for a great design that matches the Open for Change concept and it would be great if you could help us.
Professionals and activists in the philanthropic and development aid sectors; to join the network.
Politicians, civil servants and public services; to support the network.
The platform is an initiative of Dutch organisations: representatives of AKVO, 1%CLUB, TexttoChange, Africanews, Global Village Media, Nabuur, Hivos, Oxfam Novib, Butterfly Works, Pif World en Partos.
We would like the logo/identity to express that:
- it is a platform/network (many parties are involved and we would like to make more connections, also international cooperation)
- it is a transparent, honest platform/network and open for everyone
- it is a platform/network that focuses on the use of internet technology within in the development aid sector.
- it is a platform that pleads for innovation, change, renewing.
- it is a platform that stimulates sharing experiences, information, knowledge and technology.
- we would appreciate it if we could use the logo (or part of it) as a stamp, like Apple has.
- please be aware that we don’t want a traditional look and feel that has been used in the development aid sector.
- maybe you could try to work with some elements from the Partos logo (see attachment)
If you have questions concerning this briefing don't hesitate to contact us. Good luck and thanks in advance!