**The design MUST be stencil-able.** That's the only hard requirement. I'm planning on spraying this on all the tools and crap cars that I have on the show, and plasma cutting the pattern for signage.
According to 99design's ebook, I'm most likely looking for an emblem or a wordmark.
Re: color, I'm thinking there's not going to be a lot involved, because it'll mostly be stenciled and cut for negative space. However, it might be nice to have a subtle orange accent on there somewhere - see the "Finkel & Garf" logo below, maybe without the background orange.
The full title of the show is "Rust Bucket Garage - Restoration and Racing", but I can be flexible about the text on the logo. Just "Rust Bucket Garage" is fine, or "Rust Bucket Restoration and Racing" is fine too.
I've included the current logo (with the pirate font), and a concept logo I made with a logo builder. I don't really like the current logo anymore, and I like the visual weights on the concept logo, but it's not stencilable.
Physical objects I like / use in the garage a lot:
- box/socket/adjustable wrenches
- Gears, cogs, sprockets
- oxyacetalene torches, welders
- steering wheels
- old school steel car wheels, tires
# A couple notes on the general vibe of the show:
- Relentless optimism!
- I literally describe myself as "too dumb to quit"
- Working on cars is "Fun with a capital F"
- Zero tolerance for street racing, drunk driving, or generally being an idiot behind the wheel. I end every stream with "drive safe"
- Community is 100% inclusive. Doesn't matter if you drive a $1k car or a $100k car, domestic or foreign, hatchback or monster truck.
- It's not a cool car show, like Top Gear or West Coast Customs or any of those other big budget shows. I work on cheap cars with cheap parts and tools so I can have more projects, laugh at myself a lot, and have a bonkers good time with car friends :)
- I call my subscribers (the individual people on the internet that pay me a small amount every month) the "Bucketeers" (like Buccaneers, hence the original pirate-y logo)
Actual twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rustbucketgarage
Timelapse of a livestream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43anX3ERrUw
My site: http://www.rustbucketgarage.tv/