Shakallis Dance Studio would like to re-design it's logo, or rather give it's logo a much needed face lift. Please note that this is not a "start from scratch" re-design. The dance school has been in business since 1975 and as you can see from the existing logo it is inspired by Picasso's 3 dancers. We wish to keep this inspiration alive as it is part of the heritage of this school. Several changes will occur however, as outlined below:
1. The brand of the school is now easily recognized by the owner's name "Shakallis". Most people in Cyprus associate this name to mean "dance" and hence we wish to totally re-brand the image of the studio, starting with the logo. What is important is that the name "Shakallis" will have to be very loud and apparent. Family businesses instill family values and brand confidence and trust. "Shakallis" is the businesses' family name which inspires people to trust the school with their children.
2. The name of the brand will no longer be in Greek and will not contain all those characters you see in the existing logo which translates to "Shakallis School of Dance and Ballet". Instead it will read in English as "Shakallis Dance" and depending on the visual context you provide it can also remain as plain "Shakallis" as long as it is perfectly clear that the brand refers to a dance studio. If "established 1975" or "since 1975" or "version of your choice" can be incorporated, we would be open to suggestions.
3. We wish to see the logo gain a fresh look while keeping the visual element/reference of the 3 Picasso dancers. The school offers dance lessons for ALL types of dances, from modern hip-hop and R&B to latin, and traditional Greek dances. They appeal to ALL ages and it is very important that it does not come across as too extreme, i.e. only to young audiences or only to older audiences.
4. Some emotional adjectives to help you along: power, joy, motion, tradition-innovation.
5. You should not use the website http://www.shakallis.com as your inspiration. You are in essence making the first step towards a total re-brand of the studio's identity.