Many people spend their days in boring environments doing boring things. Most of the companies they interact with are BORING too. We want to brighten their day. Interactions with our brand should be exciting, surprising and fun.
Wondermill (http://www.wondermill.com/) has been around since 1998. Over our history we've made sites, and web services, often geared to small and medium-size businesses.
"Upgrade Me" is a new direction for us. We'll be offering information and advice in the form of free and paid courses to help people improve (or "upgrade") themselves in specific areas.
Our courses will be built on the latest research in the areas of cognitive psychology and behavioral economics.
We'll translate research results into practical tips that people can use right away. Our first course will be helping people to be more productive, but eventually we plan to offer courses to help people lose weight or have better relationships. The brand (Upgrade Me) is intentionally general to leave us room to grow and develop.
Vertel ons iets meer over jezelf en de mensen die je bereikt
Entrepreneurs, knowledge workers, people who work on computers all day and for whom being productive matters.
Personality: We want to reach people who "can" be inspired. We want to find people who look at our site and feel inspired to sign up because they're a little bit unhappy with where they are, and because we look like we can and want to help. They're open to new things.
Feeling: The logo should make people feel INSPIRED.
* The logo should feel bold. It should have or give off energy.
* It should be in CAPITAL LETTERS.
* It should match nicely with the blues on our site.
* It should look good on a white background.
* It should be relatively simple, so it could be printed on a t-shirt someday.
Open to your creativity:
* It'd be great if it could (very subtly!) convey a feeling of "superhero" but it shouldn't be too obvious. We want to appeal to the part of people that's still a kid, and wants to be a Super, BUT without being so obvious that the site feels like it's for kids, and not business-people. I hope that makes sense. We've tried to do that now with blue colors and grey vertical lines and stars at http://www.upgrademe.org/blog/
The feeling shouldn't be one of "sitting back" and passivity. It should shine OR give off energy OR have some upward movement OR feel like it's bursting out... etc.
Here are some examples that are **NOT** subtle enough, but convey the right feeling.