Ever read "Groundswell" or "Wikinomics" or "Blur?" If so, you know the vision of Web 2.0 - marketers learning to engage with target audiences in new ways. Instead of unilaterally dictating campaign messages based purely on traditional market research, marketers are learning to collaborate with customers in creative, interactive, enjoyable ways. Please help us design a logo for a visionary company facilitating B2B commerce through Web 2.0 collaboration among channel owners, marketers and service providers.
Wat inspireert je en hoe stel je je het ontwerp van jouw onderneming voor?
swith.us is a B2B commerce clearinghouse facilitating Web 2.0 collaboration among marketers, channel owners and service providers.
The company name is pronounced "SWITH-us."
We are looking for a clean logo that elegantly combines and reflects the key aspects of the name:
- "swith" means instant, immediate, direct
- "with us" suggests collaboration, working together, achieving win-win successes
- .us was chosen as the extension because it has a web 2.0 feel, like del.icio.us, so we're looking for a modern, forward-looking, "the future is now" sort of thingIn addition, the color choices should suggest a palette for the user interface.
- swith.us should be all lowercase
- make sure the dot is visible so that people understand swith.us is our web url
- we prefer sans serif in general, could be open to something slightly serif-y as long as it looks modern, clean; cursive or italics could be interesting because it suggests forward motion - but you could also make a case that a commerce platform needs to convey "strong and steady," ergo no tilt to it ... feel free to play!
- no need to be overly conservative on color choice - we're speaking to creative marketing professionals, not banks or lawyers per se
- should be "elegant" in its mathematical sense - the simplest, clearest way of expressing a complex idea
Wat je niet wil
- capital letters
- anything that seems fragile or delicate
- anything that seems overly complex - unless it suggests that we are unifying and aligning diverse participants to work together (which we are!)